Back after such a long time, well by my standards at least. Kind of happy that I was away for so long….finally acting like a medical student. Any ways let me tell there have been so many things that I have thought of blogging about. But there just wasn't any time to write. The last two times I managed to come online were in the college library and in a shopping mall.
Ok so coming back to issue I was on.
I saw in a serial the other day, guy was shown sitting beside a swimming pool and getting excited on seeing girls swimming, loudly passing comments and he was supposed to be married. This was supposedly a comedy serial. And this was shown as a non issue. A if there's nothing wrong. Is it really true? Do people just take it for granted and move on? How many people out of those who watched would actually have felt offended? I don't understand how they can show such a thing so casually. It's not just morally wrong it's a crime. What would already desperate guys do after seeing such telecasts? Where is the censor board?
Another supposedly funny serial I saw showed a married woman wanting to participate in the Mrs. World contest. For that she wears glamorous clothes and wants to look hot. But she definitely didn't even show too much skin. The neighbors are shown to pass comments about her on the street. And again they are married. Her husband sees them and tells them not to 'look at her in that way'. To this the guys answer that instead of telling them he should tell his wife to behave decently. And he quietly agrees. And not just that a guy's wife helps him to tease this woman by making a mock call to her house asking her to work in a B-grade movie. Now what do I say? If this can be shown on national television, I am really sorry for you girls. I agree maybe the makers of the serial may not actually believe this but are just showing fiction. But what effect is it having on the millions of people all over India who still haven't gotten over prejudices against women? All this is shown so casually as if it is the right thing to do to women. These must be arrested for promoting crime against women. These may look like small things but It really does tell you a lot about the society we live in. These, I think do as much harm as maybe a Mallika Sherawat does or even more.
But our censor board which has a fixation with skin wouldn't consider this wrong
I salute women for living through all this and still doing much more than men. It's sad sometimes that you have to share the world with us, men. Although some of you are very adept at handling such situations many are not. These are some things for those who find it difficult to live with it.
Never be scared. Of course you should be aware and watchful but definitely not scared. Such creeps are everywhere, they are called men. You don't have to be scared or they will take advantage. Most men doing such things are scared somewhere inside. So just give it to them, just show that you are uncomfortable with him in a firm but not rude voice. This is for guys whose intentions you are not sure of. The ones that you are sure are misbehaving, again be firm, try to be loud so that many people hear it coz that is one thing that they are scared of. Try to take help from the people around you if possible.
Never blame yourself. However much people try to blame women for provoking them, women are never responsible. It is just a way of justifying their actions but the fact is that the fault lies with them. However short clothes there may be, it does give any men a right to misbehave. It's just his inability to deal with the anatomy of half of the human population.
Never be ashamed. Now this is one thing that many women are guilty of. It may sound rude or probably offensive but I have to say this. Be proud of your body. All of it. Yes even your breasts. Ok I feel a sense of stepping into dangerous territory here but it is the truth. You should be proud of them. There are people who behave as if they don't existence and although considering Indian culture it is very difficult to change such an outlook I think you should try. Being ashamed will really make you feel worse so be comfortable with your body and try to take the attention that you may receive as a compliment.
Don't be too angry. I know this sounds bad but what I mean is that you shouldn't keep the anger in you. All it'll do is make you feel bad. Don't be angry and frustrated at men. Be sympathetic towards them. Think of them as poor creatures who think not with their brain but with something much below. They suffer from life long desperation for sex. Imagine the suffering they go through. Of course you should feel angry for the actions that they do. But not the fact that men are like that. I hope I am not too confusing. So you see why you should feel pity for them?
Don't think of yourself as a victim. It is very weakening and frustrating thought. So never think of you as a victim. As I said before, think of the guy as the victim and feel sad for him. Don't think as if you've been taken advantage of or anything. Think of it just as a bad experience.
These might help you deal with such experiences in a better way.
Ok so coming back to issue I was on.
I saw in a serial the other day, guy was shown sitting beside a swimming pool and getting excited on seeing girls swimming, loudly passing comments and he was supposed to be married. This was supposedly a comedy serial. And this was shown as a non issue. A if there's nothing wrong. Is it really true? Do people just take it for granted and move on? How many people out of those who watched would actually have felt offended? I don't understand how they can show such a thing so casually. It's not just morally wrong it's a crime. What would already desperate guys do after seeing such telecasts? Where is the censor board?
Another supposedly funny serial I saw showed a married woman wanting to participate in the Mrs. World contest. For that she wears glamorous clothes and wants to look hot. But she definitely didn't even show too much skin. The neighbors are shown to pass comments about her on the street. And again they are married. Her husband sees them and tells them not to 'look at her in that way'. To this the guys answer that instead of telling them he should tell his wife to behave decently. And he quietly agrees. And not just that a guy's wife helps him to tease this woman by making a mock call to her house asking her to work in a B-grade movie. Now what do I say? If this can be shown on national television, I am really sorry for you girls. I agree maybe the makers of the serial may not actually believe this but are just showing fiction. But what effect is it having on the millions of people all over India who still haven't gotten over prejudices against women? All this is shown so casually as if it is the right thing to do to women. These must be arrested for promoting crime against women. These may look like small things but It really does tell you a lot about the society we live in. These, I think do as much harm as maybe a Mallika Sherawat does or even more.
But our censor board which has a fixation with skin wouldn't consider this wrong
I salute women for living through all this and still doing much more than men. It's sad sometimes that you have to share the world with us, men. Although some of you are very adept at handling such situations many are not. These are some things for those who find it difficult to live with it.
Never be scared. Of course you should be aware and watchful but definitely not scared. Such creeps are everywhere, they are called men. You don't have to be scared or they will take advantage. Most men doing such things are scared somewhere inside. So just give it to them, just show that you are uncomfortable with him in a firm but not rude voice. This is for guys whose intentions you are not sure of. The ones that you are sure are misbehaving, again be firm, try to be loud so that many people hear it coz that is one thing that they are scared of. Try to take help from the people around you if possible.
Never blame yourself. However much people try to blame women for provoking them, women are never responsible. It is just a way of justifying their actions but the fact is that the fault lies with them. However short clothes there may be, it does give any men a right to misbehave. It's just his inability to deal with the anatomy of half of the human population.
Never be ashamed. Now this is one thing that many women are guilty of. It may sound rude or probably offensive but I have to say this. Be proud of your body. All of it. Yes even your breasts. Ok I feel a sense of stepping into dangerous territory here but it is the truth. You should be proud of them. There are people who behave as if they don't existence and although considering Indian culture it is very difficult to change such an outlook I think you should try. Being ashamed will really make you feel worse so be comfortable with your body and try to take the attention that you may receive as a compliment.
Don't be too angry. I know this sounds bad but what I mean is that you shouldn't keep the anger in you. All it'll do is make you feel bad. Don't be angry and frustrated at men. Be sympathetic towards them. Think of them as poor creatures who think not with their brain but with something much below. They suffer from life long desperation for sex. Imagine the suffering they go through. Of course you should feel angry for the actions that they do. But not the fact that men are like that. I hope I am not too confusing. So you see why you should feel pity for them?
Don't think of yourself as a victim. It is very weakening and frustrating thought. So never think of you as a victim. As I said before, think of the guy as the victim and feel sad for him. Don't think as if you've been taken advantage of or anything. Think of it just as a bad experience.
These might help you deal with such experiences in a better way.
Comments
Yeah these stupid serials do promote a lot of violence against women in our country but you are forgetting that these things actually do happen. It is a given thing for a man to sleep around before he settles down with a virgin bride...really I don't understand the whole concept...where are the hymens to be had...
Sorry I got a lil fired up there... anyway...whats al this stereotyping...acting as a medical student finally...dude...we miss you ya...don't do this in future..
I don't like it either but have to if I don't wanna flunk. But I'll try to post regularly.