Who am I?
Which one is the real me? I am not sure. I am so different for different people. I don't do it intentionally. I don't like to 'act' with people. But it's as if I am programmed. May be it's true for most people. But it really is extreme for me.
There are so many people who think or 'know' that I am a very shy person. I am unable to talk that I am very outgoing and naughty. I keep on doing all sorts of antics, cracking jokes freely. Whenever I am in social gatherings, all I can do is sit quietly in one corner. Similar to this are some people who think I am a man of few words. I don't like to talk too much. Instead of talking useless things I just talk to the point.
There are some who think I am really sweet for some nice gestures showing love and caring. Then there are some who think I am a snob because I am unable to even wish somebody or gift on their birthday just coz it makes me uncomfortable.
Some people think or 'know', playing pranks and stuff. Then there are some people who know the emotional side of me and maybe think I am too emotional and I can get hurt real quickly.
I can dance in front of a huge audience but can't break into a dance step if asked to at a party. No matter how much you try to convince me. For some I am the naughtiest guy they have seen, for some I am a saint. For some, I am a flirt, but then some think I am too emotional for that. Sometimes I am witty and funny; sometimes I act like the dumbest guy around.
All of them are right in a way. I am all of these things. I can't explain why but I do really act very differently with different sorts of people, so different perhaps that if they were to bump into each other and discuss me, they wouldn't feel they are talking about the same guy. And I know that too. I can't just say what kind of a person I am in a few words. (Some people even describe themselves in one word).I just can't. Coz I am all of these things and more. There so many facets to my personality that it's difficult to know which one am I. Maybe it just depends on how comfortable I am with someone. May be. But I've still got to figure out, who am I?
There are so many people who think or 'know' that I am a very shy person. I am unable to talk that I am very outgoing and naughty. I keep on doing all sorts of antics, cracking jokes freely. Whenever I am in social gatherings, all I can do is sit quietly in one corner. Similar to this are some people who think I am a man of few words. I don't like to talk too much. Instead of talking useless things I just talk to the point.
There are some who think I am really sweet for some nice gestures showing love and caring. Then there are some who think I am a snob because I am unable to even wish somebody or gift on their birthday just coz it makes me uncomfortable.
Some people think or 'know', playing pranks and stuff. Then there are some people who know the emotional side of me and maybe think I am too emotional and I can get hurt real quickly.
I can dance in front of a huge audience but can't break into a dance step if asked to at a party. No matter how much you try to convince me. For some I am the naughtiest guy they have seen, for some I am a saint. For some, I am a flirt, but then some think I am too emotional for that. Sometimes I am witty and funny; sometimes I act like the dumbest guy around.
All of them are right in a way. I am all of these things. I can't explain why but I do really act very differently with different sorts of people, so different perhaps that if they were to bump into each other and discuss me, they wouldn't feel they are talking about the same guy. And I know that too. I can't just say what kind of a person I am in a few words. (Some people even describe themselves in one word).I just can't. Coz I am all of these things and more. There so many facets to my personality that it's difficult to know which one am I. Maybe it just depends on how comfortable I am with someone. May be. But I've still got to figure out, who am I?
Comments
On a serious note...you are you and thats all that matters pranay...I've realised it the hard way...
You are a particular congregation of the elements of nature, a biological attractor, called a vertebrate, belonging to the genus Homo and species Homo Sapiens. You have an identification code Pranay Adsule, which seperates you from the rest of your kind.
I know, PJ of the year! :p
Anyways, dude if you are confused about who you are, there's nothing to feel bad about. You are feeling an identity crisis. At your age, that's normal. Happens to everyone. Surely, after a few years, you'll get to know more about yourself. The key to that is more social interaction. So, go out and interact as much as you can.
Also, if you have different facets to your personality, then I'd call that a gift rather than an aberration.
Go open a Budweiser! Cheers!
i can assure you if you are not like that you are not normal.
being like that is not being hypocratic, its just human!!
Atlantean...Dude it really was a great PJ..and thanks, hopefully I'll understand more in the future.
Tanvi....hmmm..kinda understand what u mean. And I know u r a bit like this too..
Raksha...Thanks..Good to know I am normal.