Bitter sweet

And I am back after a short hiatus.
As everyone knows our dance practice was going on and all that madness culminated in the final dance performance. So here will be a bit of a recap....
2 days before the day I decided I wanted to do a solo.Was scared as the group was taking a lot out of me. But a lot of people were asking me to do it and wvwn I felt I should. So I made a decision that I was gonna do a solo.I talked to the choreographers and the they were kind enough to say they'll help me out. And they did. They choreographed a bit part of tanhayee. And I was gonna do the MJ bit. I kept it short scared I might get exhausted. Something I would regret later as my dance finished as soon as it'd started and I wasn't really all that tired.Sad part also was that I forgot what I'd been taught in tanhayee the same day. I somehow managed to conceal that I had but felt bad.
Group dance was good. Forgot the first step but no one realized and I did the remaining part well.
Things people liked were the emotions I portrayed in tanhayee, the MJ bit and our costumes in the group dance.
The choreographer were so good. I have never become such good friends with any choreographers. And that too after making them wait so many times. Helped me out for free. Gave a lot of moral support. Actually when we were dancing They were shouting the loudest. God they are great.
Ok So I got the second prize in solo which I was not happy about as I knew I had screwed it up so the prize didn't matter.Then I got the Best Male Dancer in the group dance competition which was good. And even here our choreographer were the ones shouting their hearts out and cheering me on. Really happy we met such great people.
So all in all, it was a bitter sweet experience. Not very happy about my performance nor about the judging. We deserved at least the second prize. The ones who got it were so pathetically bad that I couldn't bear to even watch them during their practice and the performance was even worse. Sorry for the harsh words but it is the truth.
Parents had come to watch. Were very happy with my prizes. I would still have preferred a prize for the group than the best male dancer.
Anyways It's all over now.My body had got fitter but I think now I've to go back.Also although was so frustrated with all the problems I think I'll miss dance practice.
Rest later.

Comments

Advitiya said…
You won!!!!
Yayy
*opens up a vodka bottle!* hic! cheers! :-)

and don't worry re... judges can wear blinkers at times... they see some things and completely be blind to others!
cheer up!
treaaaaaaaat
tanvi said…
u got a prize hero!!! wat r u cribbing abt??? Angry glare...chill and cheer :)
BD said…
Cool!! Now where's the video?
Pranay said…
Adi, Yaay!!
But still not completely satisfied. You are right about the judges.
Dude I've forgotten the number of treats we've decided from each other. HeHe..

Tanvi, Oh welcome back to my humble blog.
I will I will...

Equi, It will be kept for your viewing as soon as possible.

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

Forgive and forget?