Just write....Pranay!!!

Saw Chak de today. Superb movie. Watched a movie of such high calibre after a long time. The production values are fantastic.Direction smart. Acting commendable. Sound awesome. Camera work slick. The makers have cleverly been able to hold themselves from being overly dramatic. The honesty in working for the movie shows in some amazing scenes. It had me in tears too in a few scenes. It most definitely touched me a few times. I don't know if I cried because of happiness or sadness. It really grabs you. There are some cliche^s but you are too involved in the movie to mind. It did make me feel what a sportsman would feel. As I did play a bit, I could identify with quiet a few things and it felt so exciting.A sports person really has so much drama in his life. The performances that they have been able to bring form the players is just unbelievable. Although not Oscar winning stuff but it doesn't ruin the movie a bit and that is good enough. There were many times when things didn't turn up as I expected them to and that felt good. If anything has to be criticized I would say there were some errors of omission. We are hardly shown the coach giving pep talks to the players which is something that past sports teams have capitalized on. But that can be excused. We would just think that he did give them pep talks just that we weren't allowed in the dressing room at that time ;). If I remember correctly there actually was an Indian women's hockey team that had done really well in the world cup. I had seen the tournament..probably the only women's hockey tournament I've seen and I was so impressed then. Sadly no other tournament was shown after that..I think. The team just went into oblivion. Was reminded of the team while watching the movie. Poor girls would have to go through all this as well.
Now for something else. I am terribly frustrated with so many things that take place in this country. And that too as a norm. India is great? I don't think so. It's terrible. The people are what makes it bad. Don't give me people who have done great things to tell me India is great. They have done great things in spite of the system not because of it. The sad part of being an Indian is that there just so many petty things you have to worry about that there is hardly a chance you can dream big. And those who do do something big has really done something incredible.Girls have to think about how the society looks at them, how the guys treat them everywhere.Even guys have to thing about the discouragement from everyone if you are not doing the traditional choices. Then there is the corruption, the bureaucracy....everything. Whio's gonna be able to think something big? There are definitely much more bad things about the country than the handful of good things. And whenever we say anything about the bad of the country ppl say there are bad things about every country but they never compare the good things that other people have achieved. Every Indian who is doing good is doing it in spite of the system, and the people in short, in spite of being an Indian. While coming home today was stuck in traffic in a place with so much pollution that your eyes tear, the road is full of potholes with water filled in them so that you don't know how deep it actually is. Complete chaos. And this is because of some construction work going on in the middle of the road. Just felt like standing and shouting loudly "Mera bharat mahaan". People would tell me, the go and live in some other place. If I would have been given a choice to be born somewhere else may e I would have chosen to. I know there's no point crying as I cant change anything by crying but I want to. Don't want to be in the system to change the system. Just too much to do.

Comments

BD said…
I liked this sentence -> 'They have done great things in spite of the system not because of it.'

Well written! I'm going this friday.

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

Forgive and forget?