Sadly, I dream.



I dream of a life
That’s perfect.
But as I see it,
It’s far from it.

This oyster is my world.
And not the other way round.

Nothing to look forward to.
Ordinary is the name.

Adjusting to people of all sorts,
yet, none of my sort.

A struggle to earn,
a struggle to belong,
to this world.

I do not.

Where’s the life of freedom?
Of amazement and discovery?

Where’s the life of love?
Of wines and moonlit beaches?

Where’s the life of passion?
Of excitement and ecstasy?

Am I destined for this?
Then why do I dream?
Why do I believe
there’s still a twist in the tale,
And hope, this dream will come true?

Life, give me a chance…
Or at least stop me from dreaming.

Comments

Advitiya said…
Whoa!
You're my favy poet from now..
Anonymous said…
dreams do come true! yu just hav to be strong enuf nd avoid involving oders in ur dreams, they might not have wat it takes...!
Anonymous said…
da template... sm photoshop work n sm html skill... its easy...
Pranay said…
Thnx Equilibrium and Adi....
Nadim...not sure if strength is enuf..and yeah easy for you.
Casablanca said…
This too, shall pass.
Margie said…
Never stop your dreams!
Loved your poem!
So nice to have you visit my place!

Have a great weekend!
Margie
Scoot said…
May all your dreams come true :)
Happy Diwali
Keshi said…
**Where’s the life of love?
Of wines and moonlit beaches?

to be in the company of love and all of other passionate moments in life, u have to deliver the same to life...receive love by just being love.


U asked in my blog whether I know the number of blogs that has got me linked. I have no idea! :) d u know?


tnxxx for dropping by mate, u've got a great blog!

Keshi.
Has to be me said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog Pranay. U've a lovely blog too.

This poem is just 2 good. Esp the lines
"Nothing to look forward to. Ordinary is the name."

and also

"Am I destined for this?
Then why do I dream?
Why do I believe
there’s still a twist in the tale,
And hope, this dream will come true?"

Good going! Keep it up!
delhidreams said…
d problem is, u'll have to earn ur chances, they wont come by asking alone...and u wont b able to stop dreaming too, cos then u wont b wat u r today :)
Priyankari said…
Absolutely beautiful!
We really are chained down now by necessity and yet our souls aspire be a free spirit.
But dream is hope and hope propels life, we'd perhaps stop 'living' once the hope dies and only 'exist' a soulless being!
Our life is really bound by such contradictions, the depths of which we can never reach!
Pranay said…
@ casablanca- Hope so..

@ samuru- Don't want to. But there's no point keeping them if there's no hope of getting them.
Thnx for dropping by.

@ maya- Same to you.

@ Keshi- Guess so..but only if life lets u love that is.
Don't have a clue abt the no. but it definitely is a lot.
Thnx 4 the nice words..

@has to be me- Thank you so much for the kind words..Glad you liked it.

@Adi- I guess u r right.Hope to work hard towards it..

@priyankari-Thanks..
Yes we are chained by necessity and thus dreams stay what they are...just dreams and keep hurting.

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

Forgive and forget?