Carry on Girl
A friend called while I was in the library.She said that our friend is in the I.C.C.U.
I was shocked.
What could've happened?
"She had S.V.Ts".
Honestly, I kinda thought she was kidding. How could she have S.V.Ts all of a sudden?
S.V.T. is supra ventricular tachycardia.
It is when the atria of the heart start beating at a high rate on their own. Her heart rate was 220/min. The normal is 60-100/min.
My mind was struggling between convincing myself that it was the truth and convincing this friend that it was O.K. There's nothing to be scared of.
Yes I was scared.
Although she was discharged the next day, she can have such an episode again. She has to avoid any stress. Any excitement. Oh and yes final exams are less than a month away.
So a difficult decision stood before her. Whether to get operated to stop the medications and risk of it happening during the exams or carry on like this till after the exams to avoid complications of the surgery.
She chose the former.
It's on this friday.
She called me yesterday. Her parents are tense. Her friends are tense. But she is cool. She even jokes about it. Hats off to her. Not at all worried or scared. About the condition, about the surgery, about the exams. And that's how she is. Honestly have never seen her worried.
She tells me that while in the I.C.C.U. , she worriedly asked her Mom if this meant that they wouldn't be able to go to the trip they planned.
Now she's preparing for the surgery in which a catheter will be passed in her heart in her own way, cool and relaxed. She tells me a rare complication of the surgery is heart block but doesn't really sound worried.
I just hope everything goes fine. Actually I am sure it will. Not only is she gonna be normal again she is gonna top our class in atleast one subject as usual.
This really has taught me a lot about the strength people have and how to handle tough situations.
Hope I have as much strength and composure if I am ever faced with such a difficult situation.
I am proud to have a friend like her.
I am gonna be there on Friday.
For those who believe, pray for her, for those who don't, send her messages. I'll give them to her.
She will be very glad to get them.
Don't worry everything will be fine.
I was shocked.
What could've happened?
"She had S.V.Ts".
Honestly, I kinda thought she was kidding. How could she have S.V.Ts all of a sudden?
S.V.T. is supra ventricular tachycardia.
It is when the atria of the heart start beating at a high rate on their own. Her heart rate was 220/min. The normal is 60-100/min.
My mind was struggling between convincing myself that it was the truth and convincing this friend that it was O.K. There's nothing to be scared of.
Yes I was scared.
Although she was discharged the next day, she can have such an episode again. She has to avoid any stress. Any excitement. Oh and yes final exams are less than a month away.
So a difficult decision stood before her. Whether to get operated to stop the medications and risk of it happening during the exams or carry on like this till after the exams to avoid complications of the surgery.
She chose the former.
It's on this friday.
She called me yesterday. Her parents are tense. Her friends are tense. But she is cool. She even jokes about it. Hats off to her. Not at all worried or scared. About the condition, about the surgery, about the exams. And that's how she is. Honestly have never seen her worried.
She tells me that while in the I.C.C.U. , she worriedly asked her Mom if this meant that they wouldn't be able to go to the trip they planned.
Now she's preparing for the surgery in which a catheter will be passed in her heart in her own way, cool and relaxed. She tells me a rare complication of the surgery is heart block but doesn't really sound worried.
I just hope everything goes fine. Actually I am sure it will. Not only is she gonna be normal again she is gonna top our class in atleast one subject as usual.
This really has taught me a lot about the strength people have and how to handle tough situations.
Hope I have as much strength and composure if I am ever faced with such a difficult situation.
I am proud to have a friend like her.
I am gonna be there on Friday.
For those who believe, pray for her, for those who don't, send her messages. I'll give them to her.
She will be very glad to get them.
Don't worry everything will be fine.
Comments
I can't imagine the circumstance that your friend is walking through and for her to still carry that smile and positive attitude is such a strong thing for her to do. not only does it help the people around her but it strengthens her. i hope all goes well with her. :) and also it bring me back to how lucky some of us are.
Thanks for being a great support to my blog. Glad to stop by..*smiles*
Cheers Pranay!
I too liked her ubercool attitude.
I am sure your friend will do fine.
@Equilibrium- Thnk u.Ur wishes will reach her.
@Hannelie- Thnx for dropping by. You too are a strong girl. You must have handled it very well.
@artnavy- Must have been a testing time for you. Thnx for ur wishes.
Wish her good health from me..
I'll pray for her to top in exmas!
and give her loadsa love
I wish she is alright soon.. And pray that she, her family and her friends get all the strength that they need to pass thru this phase..
..Me
@ rose-What you are saying is right but I don't think this is a life changing instant. She'll get well soon.
Thnx for ur prayers and wishes.
@sharique- So true. Yes she is special. Thnx.
i really wish her for a better health and a happy life... my best wishes to her always.... :-)
@ preeti- I know. She is extraordinarily brave. So many people including myself would have been so scared of surgery!!!