Try keepin me down.



Cheap canes and steel chains won't put me down
Coz I am born to grow and grow I will.
Small you may think I am and laugh,
but I am laughing at you from above.

Steel cages and window panes won't put me down
coz I am born to fly and fly I will.
Captured you may think I am and laugh,
But my thoughts are changing the world.

Stab wounds and tearing pains won't put me down
coz I am born to smile and smile I will.
Sad you may think I am and smile,
but that smile makes me happy.

Cruel prejudice and utter disdain won't put me down
coz I am born to love and love I will.
Angry you may think I am and laugh,
but anger this is not, it's sympathy.

Coloured water and spoilt grains won't put me down
coz I am born to be strong and strong I will be.
Weak you may think I am and laugh,
but try testing my will to survive.

Shot in my heart and my friends slain won't put me down
coz I am born to live and live I will.
Dead you may think I am and laugh,
but with every death a new me is born.

Comments

Pranay said…
Each stanza deals with something else,
1st-Students
2nd-Nelson Mandela
3rd-Gandhigiri
4th-Casteism
5th-The poor
6th-Animals
U can interpret it as u like.
Could there have been a better title?
BD said…
Very nice and the picture kinda binds pretty well.

Well, upon the interpretation, I feel the stanzas depict the various moods of 'so called life'. Though I agree upon the gandhigiri stanza.
delhidreams said…
yes, i wud like to interpret it on my terms, "but with every death a new me is born"... hmmm
u write good mate
how r ur festivals going?
cheers!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful lines there!

nice blog!
Casablanca said…
Your optimism amazes me.... I'm a cynic at heart :p
Anonymous said…
Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)

Award Code


Thank you,
Priyankari said…
Great yaar! visited ur blog for the first time and am absolutely impressed! it has got an awesome energy and strength that i liked so much...beautiful thoughts, wonderfully expressed!
Pranay said…
@ equilibrium- Thanks.

@ adi- Do I? Thanks.
Going fine. Cheers.

@White forest- Thnx.

@Casablanca- Me too. U read my last poem didn't u?
This is what a tune did to me.

@Famous quotations-My thank you speech is on ur site.

@priyankari-Thanks yaar. Hope it is not the last time..
Ekta said…
aha beautiful poem...has such a strong ring of freedome in it...!
Raksha said…
you are extremely optimistic. Keep it up
Pranay said…
@ ekta- Thnx. Glad u liked it.

@ rachna-I'll try to.Thnx.
Advitiya said…
Wow!
I'm speechless. Its so subtle in its wordings but optimisn leaking from each stanza!And the picture is just sooo perfect with the pome!

You're simply amazing!Can't belive there's a dancer and a poet hidden behind that goofy face!

Title? This one is good... How about
'Phoenix' cause it rises from its ashes...just a suggestion!
Great work re!
Rai said…
Brilliant! This reminds me of a line I read in an e-mail ....

"I will not only survive, but I'll be stubbornly in blossom."

though the context was a bit different:-)
Pranay said…
@ adi- Thanks yaar.
Yes for the goofy face comment too.

@rai- Wow great line. yes kinad goes with this poem.
Jewel Rays said…
WOW..deep ..And postive !!:)
Anil P said…
Sure, nothing can put me down except myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

Forgive and forget?