Exam adventures
I know I have been infrequent in my posting but the blame goes to these exams which strangely enough just seem to not want to let go off me.News is just in that our exams for tommorrow have been post poned. Another reaosn is blogs I frequent haven't been posting regularly.(hint..hint)
These probably will be my last exams of this sort. You know, theory exams and then practical exams, like a typical college exams and boy haven't these exams made a lasting impression!Ok you wanna hear about it?
It all started with my first exams. As our exam centre was a good 45 min. drive from our place a few of us had hired a Qualis for the travel.So we decked up all tense and excited at the same time for the exams in the car. Everyone was going through any book they could get their hands on for covering up something of everything before the exams.It's amazing how much you can study in a few hours before the exams, it might even be more that what you study for the whole last month! Ok so, the driver was new and didn't know the roads properly and we ended up missing a diversion. Good that a friend noticed it but as luck would have it, there was no break in the divider fo a long distance. As we were getting late for the exams we thought we would just reverse the car keeping it on one side of the road. Bad idea. As we satrted reversing I had a glance behind to see if the road was clear. It was. So I went back in my book. Suddenly the driver lost control and the car swerved to the middle of the road. Just then the girls sitting behing started screaming and gave myself a small smile thinking they were not able to handle the thrill of the car swerving at decent speed. Still I looked back a saw a Truck screeching towards us at high speed and it was heading straight at the window where I was sitting.Luckily the truck's brakes did their job and could manage reducing it's speed to such that although the car was damaged, no one inside was hurt. I didn't know what to feel or whether even to feel anything or just keep studying. I was relieved, excited, happy, sad and tense at the same time. A girl started crying. We consoled her and went back to studying after all we had to give our exams.Somehow the truck driver and our driver made some settlement so this guy dropped us at the exam centre after a while of not knowing whether he would. And thus we arrived at our centre for our first university exam in a car which looked like it had been hit by a ...well, truck. We asked the driver to send some other car to pick us up later which the damn guy didnt and we had to take a bus for the long journey home with the exams looming over for the next day.Of course after waiting for half an hour for a car to arrive.
The second day was less of an adventure in terms of reaching the place at least although we were stuck with a million year old Sumo which had a tendency to make weird noises and shutting off the engine at regular intervals. But the question paper was something that no medical student in the whole state will forget soon. I really can't tell you how unbelievably unusual it was but we heard that our H.O.D made some complaint with the university about the paper. So nice of her. There were questions that are hardly even put to the post graduate students and so many of us naturally don't read those. Luckily I had read a few. Luckily. But still it wasn't all good. and oh yeah, did I tell you that although my first exam question paper was really simple we just didn't seem to have the will to write long and beautiful answers after the incident in the morning. Sad. Just finished it somehow.
Then came our third exam. I had a call at 5:00 in the morning from a friend asking to see if there's anything on the university website about the exam being cancelled. Apparently exams at some centres had been cancelled owing to the state wide dalit protests. There was nothing on the website and there was nothing the college knew so we had to reach the centre ofcourse not able to study. You are just not able to study if there is even the slightest chance of the exams getting cancelled. And here the chances were pretty high as many centres had cancelled the exams. Still the chief examiner at our centre kept us waiting in confusion till the scheduled exam time as he hadn't received any official orders inspit of the fact that there were only about 10-20 of us present there. The man's golden words were," I'll conduct the exam even if there is just one student in the room." In the end the exam did get cancelled to our relief but we had the next days exams to think about and we were still sulking that we had to waste so much time coming to the centre and back when we could have had some lost sleep back.
So these were how our first three exams went. Now I have to go as there are still some exams remaining. There are other interesting stories that I'd post soon. But in the end you wouldn't really want your last exams to be something you would easily forget right? Although I am sad coz it's stretching a bit too long and I was so excited about the exams getting over and me getting some freedom.
These probably will be my last exams of this sort. You know, theory exams and then practical exams, like a typical college exams and boy haven't these exams made a lasting impression!Ok you wanna hear about it?
It all started with my first exams. As our exam centre was a good 45 min. drive from our place a few of us had hired a Qualis for the travel.So we decked up all tense and excited at the same time for the exams in the car. Everyone was going through any book they could get their hands on for covering up something of everything before the exams.It's amazing how much you can study in a few hours before the exams, it might even be more that what you study for the whole last month! Ok so, the driver was new and didn't know the roads properly and we ended up missing a diversion. Good that a friend noticed it but as luck would have it, there was no break in the divider fo a long distance. As we were getting late for the exams we thought we would just reverse the car keeping it on one side of the road. Bad idea. As we satrted reversing I had a glance behind to see if the road was clear. It was. So I went back in my book. Suddenly the driver lost control and the car swerved to the middle of the road. Just then the girls sitting behing started screaming and gave myself a small smile thinking they were not able to handle the thrill of the car swerving at decent speed. Still I looked back a saw a Truck screeching towards us at high speed and it was heading straight at the window where I was sitting.Luckily the truck's brakes did their job and could manage reducing it's speed to such that although the car was damaged, no one inside was hurt. I didn't know what to feel or whether even to feel anything or just keep studying. I was relieved, excited, happy, sad and tense at the same time. A girl started crying. We consoled her and went back to studying after all we had to give our exams.Somehow the truck driver and our driver made some settlement so this guy dropped us at the exam centre after a while of not knowing whether he would. And thus we arrived at our centre for our first university exam in a car which looked like it had been hit by a ...well, truck. We asked the driver to send some other car to pick us up later which the damn guy didnt and we had to take a bus for the long journey home with the exams looming over for the next day.Of course after waiting for half an hour for a car to arrive.
The second day was less of an adventure in terms of reaching the place at least although we were stuck with a million year old Sumo which had a tendency to make weird noises and shutting off the engine at regular intervals. But the question paper was something that no medical student in the whole state will forget soon. I really can't tell you how unbelievably unusual it was but we heard that our H.O.D made some complaint with the university about the paper. So nice of her. There were questions that are hardly even put to the post graduate students and so many of us naturally don't read those. Luckily I had read a few. Luckily. But still it wasn't all good. and oh yeah, did I tell you that although my first exam question paper was really simple we just didn't seem to have the will to write long and beautiful answers after the incident in the morning. Sad. Just finished it somehow.
Then came our third exam. I had a call at 5:00 in the morning from a friend asking to see if there's anything on the university website about the exam being cancelled. Apparently exams at some centres had been cancelled owing to the state wide dalit protests. There was nothing on the website and there was nothing the college knew so we had to reach the centre ofcourse not able to study. You are just not able to study if there is even the slightest chance of the exams getting cancelled. And here the chances were pretty high as many centres had cancelled the exams. Still the chief examiner at our centre kept us waiting in confusion till the scheduled exam time as he hadn't received any official orders inspit of the fact that there were only about 10-20 of us present there. The man's golden words were," I'll conduct the exam even if there is just one student in the room." In the end the exam did get cancelled to our relief but we had the next days exams to think about and we were still sulking that we had to waste so much time coming to the centre and back when we could have had some lost sleep back.
So these were how our first three exams went. Now I have to go as there are still some exams remaining. There are other interesting stories that I'd post soon. But in the end you wouldn't really want your last exams to be something you would easily forget right? Although I am sad coz it's stretching a bit too long and I was so excited about the exams getting over and me getting some freedom.
Comments
best of luck
and
new year wishes :)
all the best
Lets hope this whole things gets done with and than u can smile big smiles..:)
Happy new year Pranay.:) thank u for ya wishes..