Anger- Virtue or vice?
This is about an incident that happened yesterday. It reiterated what already knew and don like it one bit. A dancer who hardly attends the dance practice and isn't even good got angry and behaved in such an aggressive way that it shocked me and all I wanted to do was kick him out of the dance group. It happened coz his partner who was preset for the dance practice all the while said she won't dance with him as she was frustrated about sitting there alone as others practiced with partners. This guy has ditched us so many times and gone to play without caring one bit of how bad he is dancing. So we were with this girl trying to convince her to dance and she was arguing about how she missed lectures for the dance and had to sit alone. And this guy got angry and threw an iron rod, went out slamming the door open in a vulgar show of anger.
And this when all of us including the choreographers were present. He really deserves to be out of the dance for acting so careless about the dance, the dance group and even his partner.
But what happened?
People just took it like an ordinary show of anger. There are actually people who are justifying his anger and behaviour. Nothing happened. Everyone convinced the girl to dance with him and they are dancing now. Although some are saying it is so that the girl doesn't suffer and gets to dance as there was no fault of hers. But if I was in her place I wouldn't want to dance with someone who behaved in such a way.
People say everyone has different ways of expressing their anger. I agree but I disagree with the fact that there is absolutely no control.He could have walked off. He could have refused to dance with her. Whatever. But throwing things is not unintentional. Its just so wrong that I don't know what to say. I feel even when a person is very angry, he is saying something with his behaviour. And what this guy said was that I don't care about anyone of you. I will do whatever I want.
Sadly people will take this behaviour. Not only will they take it but now act as he wants them to. I hate it. I hate coz I can never act that way. I can never be or show so much anger. And I thing it is very wrong. But sadly This is how the world works. Anger and power are respected more that manners or morals.
I know I can't act this way even if I want to but wherever I see people like this are holding people to ransom due to their anger. How the hell is one supposed to live?
And this when all of us including the choreographers were present. He really deserves to be out of the dance for acting so careless about the dance, the dance group and even his partner.
But what happened?
People just took it like an ordinary show of anger. There are actually people who are justifying his anger and behaviour. Nothing happened. Everyone convinced the girl to dance with him and they are dancing now. Although some are saying it is so that the girl doesn't suffer and gets to dance as there was no fault of hers. But if I was in her place I wouldn't want to dance with someone who behaved in such a way.
People say everyone has different ways of expressing their anger. I agree but I disagree with the fact that there is absolutely no control.He could have walked off. He could have refused to dance with her. Whatever. But throwing things is not unintentional. Its just so wrong that I don't know what to say. I feel even when a person is very angry, he is saying something with his behaviour. And what this guy said was that I don't care about anyone of you. I will do whatever I want.
Sadly people will take this behaviour. Not only will they take it but now act as he wants them to. I hate it. I hate coz I can never act that way. I can never be or show so much anger. And I thing it is very wrong. But sadly This is how the world works. Anger and power are respected more that manners or morals.
I know I can't act this way even if I want to but wherever I see people like this are holding people to ransom due to their anger. How the hell is one supposed to live?
Comments
That was pretty bad on his part. At least did he apologise?
Me too...I can never show my anger, at least not in front of a group!
Oh forget it. Many people are like that. This world has only a few sane humans, and you and I are one among them :D
People find change difficult... the girl might not have gotten on with somebody and might not even want to try. Confronting the person will take a lot, so its better to let it lie...
And that's what everyone's done...
Just go through about anger management and you will know about it.
Sometimes too much perfection and expectations too lead to anger.
Hmmm....Y arent there more like us?
@ Adi-But they can also not do the craziest things. I believe they have the power.Think thats what everyone's done.
@ Priya-I should read about anger management? Why?
Although what you say is true. Don't think that was the reason here.
Thnx for visiting ma blog.
BTW girls generally don't bear such men, i wonder how she chose to dance with him again.