Sad end to a sad journey

Everything came to tragic end today. And after everything we are not performing there. Although doing my solo.
As I've said was very frustrated since yesterday but still was dancing just for the sake of it. We went to get the costumes in the morning. There we get a call that the girls don't want to dance. And we had put the costumes in our bags by then. Felt so...what else? frustrated.All these day no one wants to practise and the last moment when we have 3 stations away to the choreographers they say they don't want to do it. We tried to convince them against the stupid reasoning that other dance groups are going from our college. I mean how does that matter? We asked them if the final decision as the choreographers were just leaving and we had to decide whether to bring the costumes. They said no. We returned the costumes. Then somehow something struck and people started saying again that they want to dance. But this time it was too much for us and we stuck to the decision and cancelled the performance. How much could we take?
We had a talk later, heated arguments actually. They said they were now ready to dance but we just said no. They had too many problems still and maybe they were just saying yes to make us feel better. They insisted but we said no. And finally it all ended.
Now in the night, I am kinda feeling guilty. Should I have said yes? Was I wrong in saying no? I talked to a friend about it. He said we were right. The girls although they said they were ready, they didn't really look like they wanted to. Except for one but then we couldn't go putting everyone in problems just because of some of us.
I believe him. In the end, although I am very sad that we are not dancing I think it was the right thing to do. But it was a sad end. It was probably the last time some will dance and it was a very sad way to end it.:-(

Comments

tanvi said…
u r doing the solo na be happy..also dunn feel guilty if pple werent interested no point making them do it..all the best for ur performance..rock them dude ;)
Shruti said…
hey just be happy, everything happens for a reason and indeed for a good one..
xtremely_insane said…
ummmmmmmm
join the club...
i've had the same issues with my computer club at college as well...and umm being a kinda perfectionist, it pains me when people sign up and then back out midway!
but then, its all happening and we hafta find something to work it out :)
Pranay said…
Tanvi- Yeah I am gonna look at it that way.Thnx.

Shruti-Well, If all of this happened for a reason, I damn sure hope it's a very good one.
;-) Jus Kiddin.Thnx for droppin by.

Xtremely insane- It does pain doesn't it? Feel so angry they had to be a part even when they were not totally interested.
We have to way a way out, sadly the way out means lots of compromise and perfection remains a distant dream. Thnx for visiting.

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

Forgive and forget?