My journey so far...
My first tryst with blogging happened at a friend's place. I had been there when I saw a wonderful poem that she had downloaded from a blog at rediff. I was mighty impressed by this new thing I'd learned about, where people can present their innermost thoughts and stuff to the whole wide world. It was an interesting idea. I thought of checking it out.
Signed up myself at rediff and blogger. Wrote my first post there and started checking out other posts. The biggest thing that glued me to blogging was the 8 or so comments I got for my first post in rediff. Blogger being as large as it is, it would have been great if a few even had visited my page. It's a damn good feeling when you get comments on your blog. It really is! It still is!! It makes you feel what you are writing is not entirely stupid or if it is, you are not alone. Makes you feel that you belong. It's like going to a party where you don't see anyone familiar and then someone says hi. Yeah…that kinda comes close to it.
Then suddenly that damn site shut down. I couldn't open the blog page there. That was when I concentrated my energies to blogger. Although no comments seemed anywhere near the horizon, I just went on writing stuff I felt like writing. Sometimes long articles sometimes whatever two lines I could think of. Must say some of the posts are really stupid. But what the hell, I didn't care. I kept browsing through random blogs. Browsing through blogs randomly as opposed to searching for a particular type of blog, just has that added fun of finding really different and new blogs from all over. That's how I found Beth's and Tanvi's blogs (Adi found me herself). And now I finally have the distinction of actually having blog friends.
This although exciting and pleasing thought of having Blog friends has one downside. I have lost that anonymity. I have lost that 'personal space of my own', now I share it with my friends. But I'll take it. Although I find it a bit difficult to write as I used to, what with tanvi and adi coming up with huge scriptures disguised as blogs, my modest journey will still continue. I think it's very important, at least for me, to write those stupid personal things even though it wouldn't really make for great reading for others. I like my blog that way. Hope my friends won't mind...
I have gone through those moments of wondering constantly if I could put something I see, or think about in my blog. And if yes how would I put it. I am sure many fellow bloggers have gone through the same experience. That brings me to the blogs I browse through. First of all, while browsing randomly I like blogs that are personal, the blogs where people talk about their life and their feelings. It's not for voyeuristic pleasures though or is it? I just like the fact that I can live somebody else's life sitting in my chair. Haven't you wondered how would it be like living somebody else? And I am not talking about someone without almost the same kind of lifestyle as you. People all over the world have such different lives, such different experiences, different takes on life, etc… I just live their life for a while until I move on to the next. Living just one life is boring. And may be also is reading this post.
I hope I continue to be a part of this amazing world, Blogosphere as they call it.
Signed up myself at rediff and blogger. Wrote my first post there and started checking out other posts. The biggest thing that glued me to blogging was the 8 or so comments I got for my first post in rediff. Blogger being as large as it is, it would have been great if a few even had visited my page. It's a damn good feeling when you get comments on your blog. It really is! It still is!! It makes you feel what you are writing is not entirely stupid or if it is, you are not alone. Makes you feel that you belong. It's like going to a party where you don't see anyone familiar and then someone says hi. Yeah…that kinda comes close to it.
Then suddenly that damn site shut down. I couldn't open the blog page there. That was when I concentrated my energies to blogger. Although no comments seemed anywhere near the horizon, I just went on writing stuff I felt like writing. Sometimes long articles sometimes whatever two lines I could think of. Must say some of the posts are really stupid. But what the hell, I didn't care. I kept browsing through random blogs. Browsing through blogs randomly as opposed to searching for a particular type of blog, just has that added fun of finding really different and new blogs from all over. That's how I found Beth's and Tanvi's blogs (Adi found me herself). And now I finally have the distinction of actually having blog friends.
This although exciting and pleasing thought of having Blog friends has one downside. I have lost that anonymity. I have lost that 'personal space of my own', now I share it with my friends. But I'll take it. Although I find it a bit difficult to write as I used to, what with tanvi and adi coming up with huge scriptures disguised as blogs, my modest journey will still continue. I think it's very important, at least for me, to write those stupid personal things even though it wouldn't really make for great reading for others. I like my blog that way. Hope my friends won't mind...
I have gone through those moments of wondering constantly if I could put something I see, or think about in my blog. And if yes how would I put it. I am sure many fellow bloggers have gone through the same experience. That brings me to the blogs I browse through. First of all, while browsing randomly I like blogs that are personal, the blogs where people talk about their life and their feelings. It's not for voyeuristic pleasures though or is it? I just like the fact that I can live somebody else's life sitting in my chair. Haven't you wondered how would it be like living somebody else? And I am not talking about someone without almost the same kind of lifestyle as you. People all over the world have such different lives, such different experiences, different takes on life, etc… I just live their life for a while until I move on to the next. Living just one life is boring. And may be also is reading this post.
I hope I continue to be a part of this amazing world, Blogosphere as they call it.
Comments
Its gr8 you found blogger and me ;)
I love your blog. Mine I think is turning into an assignment sheet :(
Neway I can understand about the anonymity thing I had made an anonymous blog too it was like a personal diary then I decided to delete it:( can't have best of both worlds its dificult maintaining one.
But its lots of fun anonymity helps but loneliness doesn't its good to have friends on blogger wat say???
You better say yes or.... You are not anonymous and we will catch you hehehe
I am technologically challenged you know :)
And hey your blog is very good. actually i don't need to say anything, the number of comments say themselves how good it is.
And yes I am absolutely delighted to have friends like u.
Watch out for my new template.
Working really hard on it.
thank you 4 ur kind words about my template.
hard work finally paid off.:-)
I'm glad I clicked on your profile :-)
@Tanvi WE KNOW YOU'LL ACE.. Pranay she topped last semester...I think she even topped DU...
So this is great practice for u guys huh? guess I am the only one who's gonna flunk after all.
Anyways...keep practising..no one's complaining.
nice to know you liked the temp.
Got it at blogspottemplates.blogspot.com
don't know how we'll manage 30,000 words.... Yeah tanvi'll top again... crazy female..
:(( Could not get a template... something to zip and dont know how....HELP!!!!!
ok?
this is the one I wanted...
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2931/623/1600/write.jpg
this is just the image...
Thanks a tonne dude...
my mail id is on my profile :D
If still there's some prob, seend me the zip file at dr_pranay@hotmail.com.