What a day!
Oh what a day!
Today was my dance competition, the final day the end of my torture as it seemed. We had been so frustrated, so angry, so damn fed up of this that most of us were thinking of not dancing at all. And this was two days before.
We had taken a risk of getting a new choreographer who none of us liked, especially me. Not only did the dance steps seem not so great she didn't seem serious about it at all. She just came showed us some steps and expected us to do them. Never did she point out mistakes of everyone. Nor did she tell us exactly what beats will have what steps.
On top of that none of the dancers seemed serious. Everyone came, but most never tried to be good by themselves. They would just do it somehow and end it spending most of the time chitchatting.
O.k. It's getting too long. Fast forward.
Two days to the dance and we are so bad that we still can't complete one song sequence without missing a step. We also don't have a C.D. yet of all the songs together. We are practicing one song at a time. I and a friend cursed the time we agreed to perform. Not touched a book in about two weeks. Were so frustrated at our condition. Still how much ever we though of quitting it were just not an option. I wanted to go down fighting. Practiced till 4 in the morning, having practiced till 12:30 the previous night. The next night too we left at 4. During the day of the event practiced till 5 in the evening and then rested. We performed really scared at least I was as I was not yet confident of ourselves. We did a lot of mistakes but still I was glad we finished it all the same.
Then the surprise of surprises! We won the first prize!
None of us can actually believe it. I was so happy. Still there was a sad part, after all this days of wishing it would end I now was feeling bad it was ending. The challenge, the thrill, the passion. We danced like crazy to the D.J.'s music. Don't think I've enjoyed a D.J. so much before. Had our photos sessions next. Then suddenly it was decided that we are going out to have an ice cream. We had a lot of fun laughing, may be more than we had the whole two weeks. Then suddenly I was told we are going to have dinner. So we went for a dinner at 12 I think. There again we laughed so much, may be more than in the ice cream parlour. The whole restaurant was ringing with our laughs. The went to our college as it was decided we are staying for while watching our dance on the handy cam and just hanging out together for a while. We went upstairs in a class room, saw our dance, and then started playing dumb-sharaas. Even here we laughed so much! My abs pained a lot. One by one people started feeling sleepy but still many were excited. We finally reluctantly stopped at 4. While getting out, some of us decided to sit on the 'katta' as we were not feeling sleepy. We stopped there started playing 'telephone-telephone' which also gave us a lot of fun. Again slowly some people started succumbing to sleep again left at around 6. Finally 4 of us sat there asking riddles.
We started to go home at 7. I was still not sleepy. I still find it hard to believe that after sleeping so late for three days dancing, and dancing so much yesterday, we could not fall asleep.
So this is the end of a wonderful day. Wonderful not just because we won but more importantly because I had so much fun with people I never expected to have so much fun with. I hope it's a new beginning. I hope the fun never ends. I hope have many such times ahead.
There is happiness in life.
Today was my dance competition, the final day the end of my torture as it seemed. We had been so frustrated, so angry, so damn fed up of this that most of us were thinking of not dancing at all. And this was two days before.
We had taken a risk of getting a new choreographer who none of us liked, especially me. Not only did the dance steps seem not so great she didn't seem serious about it at all. She just came showed us some steps and expected us to do them. Never did she point out mistakes of everyone. Nor did she tell us exactly what beats will have what steps.
On top of that none of the dancers seemed serious. Everyone came, but most never tried to be good by themselves. They would just do it somehow and end it spending most of the time chitchatting.
O.k. It's getting too long. Fast forward.
Two days to the dance and we are so bad that we still can't complete one song sequence without missing a step. We also don't have a C.D. yet of all the songs together. We are practicing one song at a time. I and a friend cursed the time we agreed to perform. Not touched a book in about two weeks. Were so frustrated at our condition. Still how much ever we though of quitting it were just not an option. I wanted to go down fighting. Practiced till 4 in the morning, having practiced till 12:30 the previous night. The next night too we left at 4. During the day of the event practiced till 5 in the evening and then rested. We performed really scared at least I was as I was not yet confident of ourselves. We did a lot of mistakes but still I was glad we finished it all the same.
Then the surprise of surprises! We won the first prize!
None of us can actually believe it. I was so happy. Still there was a sad part, after all this days of wishing it would end I now was feeling bad it was ending. The challenge, the thrill, the passion. We danced like crazy to the D.J.'s music. Don't think I've enjoyed a D.J. so much before. Had our photos sessions next. Then suddenly it was decided that we are going out to have an ice cream. We had a lot of fun laughing, may be more than we had the whole two weeks. Then suddenly I was told we are going to have dinner. So we went for a dinner at 12 I think. There again we laughed so much, may be more than in the ice cream parlour. The whole restaurant was ringing with our laughs. The went to our college as it was decided we are staying for while watching our dance on the handy cam and just hanging out together for a while. We went upstairs in a class room, saw our dance, and then started playing dumb-sharaas. Even here we laughed so much! My abs pained a lot. One by one people started feeling sleepy but still many were excited. We finally reluctantly stopped at 4. While getting out, some of us decided to sit on the 'katta' as we were not feeling sleepy. We stopped there started playing 'telephone-telephone' which also gave us a lot of fun. Again slowly some people started succumbing to sleep again left at around 6. Finally 4 of us sat there asking riddles.
We started to go home at 7. I was still not sleepy. I still find it hard to believe that after sleeping so late for three days dancing, and dancing so much yesterday, we could not fall asleep.
So this is the end of a wonderful day. Wonderful not just because we won but more importantly because I had so much fun with people I never expected to have so much fun with. I hope it's a new beginning. I hope the fun never ends. I hope have many such times ahead.
There is happiness in life.
Comments