It was one of those days when you are not quite sure whether to be happy or sad. I choose to be glad. Went to the library to study (thought may be that could help), but the dance group got together once again and we sat talking as usual. Then had a chat with another friend about the difficult situations we were going through.
The problem is that we are too hung up on fun. The day of our dance performance was a sad day in a way coz that meant it was the last day of our practice. In spite of all the troubles we went through during practice, we were still gonna miss it. And we did. My friend and I were really sad inside on the last day because the dance practice that we criticized so much was coming to an end. The last day was just too much fun as I have already written. Then there was the trip to Kihim beach which too was absolute fun.
We are still so hung up on all of these that although it's time now to get back to serious studying, this heart wants more. My mind is just not ready to accept that it has to study hard for this year. It just wants fun, more fun. And it is so much fun with these guys. Everyone else is busy studying, and painstakingly so. Which is good but frankly speaking I kinda pity them. I knooow….It's important to study, to work hard, but this mind is like an eagle with spread out wings ready to embark upon, it's very difficult control it. It seems all I want nowadays is have fun. Wanna hear a scary thought? What if this is a sign that I have just a few days left. Ok sorry, too 'Paulo Coelho'ish.
I've kinda always been like that. 'Normal is boring'. I want that thrill, that fun of doing something different, just on an impulse. Have to search for new avenues to put my mind in. Learn something new or else I am bored. The same old things bore me.
Surprisingly this friend of mine agreed with me today on this need to do things that are different and fun. This is surprising coz he's those 15 minute types I talked about. Guess this fun we had was infectious. So we sat there ruing the fact that we were in Medicine and not something that would let us have as much fun as we want. The huge shadow of our studies looms over us all the time hiding the sun of fun we wish for.
We realized we were passing a lot of time but who cared? It was time for two friends to catch up and share their woes. Psst…by the way we also talked about the crush he's having trouble with. Good old senti talk. But that's a secret. It was all fun!
Then in the evening we were joined by those friends again. These people are going to their native place tomorrow morning. And they invited me. Just like that. And these are my 'friends' since a month or so. Not only that they really forced me which seemed sincere even calling up my mom to ask if I could I go. Although I refused in the beginning the enthusiasm in their voices and the thrill of leaving 'just like that' really did make me feel like leaving with them. It is so much fun when you have friends like these. Maybe I am overreacting but then can't help being overwhelmed considering the kind of friends I've got till now.
But I really can't afford to keep having fun like this. It's the moment of truth and I must realize that.
Have to keep my fun wanting desire aside for a while. Will I be able to....?
The problem is that we are too hung up on fun. The day of our dance performance was a sad day in a way coz that meant it was the last day of our practice. In spite of all the troubles we went through during practice, we were still gonna miss it. And we did. My friend and I were really sad inside on the last day because the dance practice that we criticized so much was coming to an end. The last day was just too much fun as I have already written. Then there was the trip to Kihim beach which too was absolute fun.
We are still so hung up on all of these that although it's time now to get back to serious studying, this heart wants more. My mind is just not ready to accept that it has to study hard for this year. It just wants fun, more fun. And it is so much fun with these guys. Everyone else is busy studying, and painstakingly so. Which is good but frankly speaking I kinda pity them. I knooow….It's important to study, to work hard, but this mind is like an eagle with spread out wings ready to embark upon, it's very difficult control it. It seems all I want nowadays is have fun. Wanna hear a scary thought? What if this is a sign that I have just a few days left. Ok sorry, too 'Paulo Coelho'ish.
I've kinda always been like that. 'Normal is boring'. I want that thrill, that fun of doing something different, just on an impulse. Have to search for new avenues to put my mind in. Learn something new or else I am bored. The same old things bore me.
Surprisingly this friend of mine agreed with me today on this need to do things that are different and fun. This is surprising coz he's those 15 minute types I talked about. Guess this fun we had was infectious. So we sat there ruing the fact that we were in Medicine and not something that would let us have as much fun as we want. The huge shadow of our studies looms over us all the time hiding the sun of fun we wish for.
We realized we were passing a lot of time but who cared? It was time for two friends to catch up and share their woes. Psst…by the way we also talked about the crush he's having trouble with. Good old senti talk. But that's a secret. It was all fun!
Then in the evening we were joined by those friends again. These people are going to their native place tomorrow morning. And they invited me. Just like that. And these are my 'friends' since a month or so. Not only that they really forced me which seemed sincere even calling up my mom to ask if I could I go. Although I refused in the beginning the enthusiasm in their voices and the thrill of leaving 'just like that' really did make me feel like leaving with them. It is so much fun when you have friends like these. Maybe I am overreacting but then can't help being overwhelmed considering the kind of friends I've got till now.
But I really can't afford to keep having fun like this. It's the moment of truth and I must realize that.
Have to keep my fun wanting desire aside for a while. Will I be able to....?
Comments
After adi's post on women we had a debate which went on till hold your breath 5 in the morning it was stupid and crazy but I had fun though my eyes are still red :D
You are part of a dance group now thats real kool. I appreciste all forms of creative expression and admire artists so mow you are on the list too wanna watch a performance sometime hehehe.
But do study
let pleasure follow pain not pleasure be followed by pain
Again stupid philosophy but .....
study not like me though :D
Was online too. must have checked on ads's blog. Though I could feel what the debate must've been. I know how it feels. even I've been up till 5 at times. It feels terrible later but u still wanna do it.
I am bracing up to the slogging even though I don't think this blogging addiction is gonna leave me anytime soon.
(bad attempt at err...whatever...bad attempt) :D