The good, the bad & me.

Finally saw The Da Vinci Code today. Glad to have gone through all the fun again. I think although Ron Howard has done a pretty good job of directing the movie, it still isn't the best it could have been. The problem it seems was that they had to fit a lot of information in a stipulated time limit. And that has led to many things from the movie to be edited off. But I feel that has reduced the whole fun of the chase and the revelations. It doesn't seem as exciting as they solve riddles in the movie as it does in the book. So sadly people who have not read the book may not be able to make sense of a lot of things and definitely will miss out on a lot of fun. The brain storming sessions in the bank and in the library have been completely deleted. In spite of this, I quite enjoyed seeing the visuals. But maybe they just wanted to cash in on the success of the success of the book and hence just made it up. But the book definitely deserves better.
Was fined today as my pillion rider was wearing a helmet and not me. I mean why should anyone care who is wearing a helmet? A life is being saved by the helmet and that is all that matters. I mean if we are in an accident, how does it matter if the rider survives or the pillion rider? This is just stupidity. It's not as if both are required to wear a helmet, only the rider. And I have also heard that the helmet rule itself was scrapped off by the Supreme Court. But the cop insisted it is not. So I showed him at least 5-6 people coolly passing by without helmets. And the damn guy just smiled. A pillion rider wears a helmet and that's wrong and people go off without helmets and he smiles. And finally when I go to the other side of town to collect my license as this cop had instructed, I am told that it will be available tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

Forgive and forget?