World cup diaries-1
Just watched Trinidad and Tobago(T&T) draw a match 0-0 with Sweden. Not much in terms of excitement you would feel. But I am sure it was the best match until now in the World cup.
The FIFA World cup is here!!!
I know everyone knows that. Even the doodhwala must be knowing it even though India has nothing to do with it. The media attention it's being getting is enormous. And am quite surprised to be honest. People who never think of football are discusssing the chances of various teams and their players as enthusiastically as though they are world renowned experts in the field. It's funny you know, how people with absolutely no inclination towards sports come and talk about football with so much enthusiasm. Not that I am complaining...
I love football. Have been a football fan since about 5-6 years. That's all the time when I started playing it. My life revolved around the English premier league matches, Champions league matches and our own matches then. I think I play quite well too.
This is the reason why I was thinking a lot about writing a post about the upcoming world cup. But alas it wasn't to be.
Any ways here I am. Have watched all the matches so far. And I think The goalless draw was the best yet. I think I am a 'heart' guy. I love watching the heart getting involved in everything. You know passion, and that was in abundance in this match. Ok, a background idea about the teams. T&T have never qualified for the world cup and nobody gave them a chance this time too. But they did it. They were against Sweden, one of the stronger sides in Europe. This is the reason why nobody gave them a chance in this match expecting Sweden to score 2-3 goals. But the way they played was fantastic. Everybody was super energetic and closed down every swedich who possessed the ball. They were running their sock off. The defending was fantastic. Every cross was met with a header and everytime the defense was breached the goal keeper (Hislop) made superb saves. All six of them. Dwight Yorke played like a captain marshalling his players and doing a lot of hard work in front of goal. But the players who impressed me the most were Edwards and Jones I think it was. Edwards I predict is going to be on the shopping list of some of the top clubs. You just wait and watch. What made this feat even more amazing is the fact that T&T were playing the second half with just ten men. Sweden with all it's superstars did all they could but they couldn't defeat the resolve in the hearts of the T&T players. They are here to fight and fight they will. Was on the edge of my seat as chance after chance that Sweden created was defended by 'Soca Warriors'. I think they might spring another surprise or two. Watch out England.
Two things I dislike,
1) Brazil is my favourite. They are definitely going to win.
Wow, what a brave and interesting choice it is! Ok, Brazil are the strongest contenders for the cup but I am really tired of hearing this. Everybody wants to support to Brazil. Many just because everybody else is.
2) I will watch the world cup just to watch the sexy female fans.
Now either this guy is lying or he's just a sissy. I don't know who should be more offended but I as a football fan definitely am. How can one want to watch a little bit of skin when there's football greatest show on earth taking place. Beats me. A real man would definitely love sport more than titillation.
I love sports. I love the feeling it brings in to you. Yeah you guessed it right, the passion. Sportsman's spirit, competion with others,with oneself, the team spirit, the glory, the agony, the hope, the excitement, it's all good.
The FIFA World cup is here!!!
I know everyone knows that. Even the doodhwala must be knowing it even though India has nothing to do with it. The media attention it's being getting is enormous. And am quite surprised to be honest. People who never think of football are discusssing the chances of various teams and their players as enthusiastically as though they are world renowned experts in the field. It's funny you know, how people with absolutely no inclination towards sports come and talk about football with so much enthusiasm. Not that I am complaining...
I love football. Have been a football fan since about 5-6 years. That's all the time when I started playing it. My life revolved around the English premier league matches, Champions league matches and our own matches then. I think I play quite well too.
This is the reason why I was thinking a lot about writing a post about the upcoming world cup. But alas it wasn't to be.
Any ways here I am. Have watched all the matches so far. And I think The goalless draw was the best yet. I think I am a 'heart' guy. I love watching the heart getting involved in everything. You know passion, and that was in abundance in this match. Ok, a background idea about the teams. T&T have never qualified for the world cup and nobody gave them a chance this time too. But they did it. They were against Sweden, one of the stronger sides in Europe. This is the reason why nobody gave them a chance in this match expecting Sweden to score 2-3 goals. But the way they played was fantastic. Everybody was super energetic and closed down every swedich who possessed the ball. They were running their sock off. The defending was fantastic. Every cross was met with a header and everytime the defense was breached the goal keeper (Hislop) made superb saves. All six of them. Dwight Yorke played like a captain marshalling his players and doing a lot of hard work in front of goal. But the players who impressed me the most were Edwards and Jones I think it was. Edwards I predict is going to be on the shopping list of some of the top clubs. You just wait and watch. What made this feat even more amazing is the fact that T&T were playing the second half with just ten men. Sweden with all it's superstars did all they could but they couldn't defeat the resolve in the hearts of the T&T players. They are here to fight and fight they will. Was on the edge of my seat as chance after chance that Sweden created was defended by 'Soca Warriors'. I think they might spring another surprise or two. Watch out England.
Two things I dislike,
1) Brazil is my favourite. They are definitely going to win.
Wow, what a brave and interesting choice it is! Ok, Brazil are the strongest contenders for the cup but I am really tired of hearing this. Everybody wants to support to Brazil. Many just because everybody else is.
2) I will watch the world cup just to watch the sexy female fans.
Now either this guy is lying or he's just a sissy. I don't know who should be more offended but I as a football fan definitely am. How can one want to watch a little bit of skin when there's football greatest show on earth taking place. Beats me. A real man would definitely love sport more than titillation.
I love sports. I love the feeling it brings in to you. Yeah you guessed it right, the passion. Sportsman's spirit, competion with others,with oneself, the team spirit, the glory, the agony, the hope, the excitement, it's all good.
Comments